We at Portfolio World offer comprehensive property management service and ensure that both tenants and property receive the essential professional care required.
Evaluate the Property and Determine an Accurate Rental Rate
- Perform detailed documentation of the interior and exterior including photos
- Offer recommendations on repairs and cosmetic improvements that maximize monthly rent while providing good ROI.
Market the Property for Rent
- Prepare home for rent
- Clean home and optimize interior appeal
- Complete landscaping
- Create ads tailored to the property and advertising medium
- Free rental listing websites
- Print publications
- Property display cards
Tenant Screening and Selection
- Perform a background check to verify identity, income, credit history, rental history, etc.
Tenant Move In
- Drafting of rental agreement
- Confirm move in date with tenant
- Sharing and review of rental guidelines with tenant regarding things like rental payment terms and required property maintenance
- Ensuring proper execution of all the agreements involved
- Perform detailed move in inspection with tenant and have tenants sign a report verifying the condition of the property prior to move-in.
- Collect first month’s rent and security deposit
- Receiving rent
- Managing late payments
- Advise in the event of a legal dispute or litigation
- Refer owner to a qualified attorney when necessary
- Understand and abide by the local bye laws that apply to renting and maintaining rental properties.
- Managing regular inspections (interior and exterior) on a predefined schedule looking for repair needs, safety hazards, lease violations, etc.
- Detailed documentation of expenses via invoices and receipts
- Maintaining records of paid invoices, leases, inspection reports, warranties, etc.
- Advise owner on relevant tax deductions related to their rental property
Maintenance, Repairs, and Remodeling
- Provide and oversee an in-house maintenance crew
- Provide a network of licensed and well reputed contractors who have been vetted for fair pricing and quality work.
- Assign jobs to different vendors, handyman and professional contractors
Tenant Move Out
- Inspect the property and fill out a report on the property’s condition when the client moves out
- Provide tenant with a copy as well as estimated damages(if any)
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
- Clean property and perform any needed repairs or upgrades as per the tenancy agreement
- Put the property back on the market for rent